press_office_heading.jpg (5861 bytes)


All Headlines


Archive News

This page features the latest news for Eastbourne. Find out about Britain's best resort below.
Eastbourne Town FC Draw
Hard fought result Eastbourne Town 2 -Oakwood 2
A poor second half showing from Town today cost the team a valuable 2 extra points , but take nothing away from Oakwood , they played with a very quick counter attacking style in the second half , after being 2-1 down at half time , and very nearly won it in the end.
However the first half was a totally different senario , Town looked settled and composed on the ball , chances came and went particularly for the impressive Chris Dicker , whos turn and shot from wide on the right of the penalty area , brought a good save from the Oaks keeper.
It was Dicker who set up Towns opening goal on 29 mins , he found space wide on the left , he crossed the ball over , and the onrushing Peter Featherstone volleyed the ball into the back of the Oaks net.
However Town could be accused of being somewhat complacent for the next goal 2 mins later , some rather poor tackling led to Harris finding himself free at the far post , and he beat Oldroyd at his near post to make it 1-1.
Town had several more chances , but it was not until the 44 min that they extended their lead.
Luke Denton won a corner , he then placed the perfect corner over to Chris Dickers left foot , and he stabbed the ball home to give Town a 2-1 lead.
However good Town had played in the first half , the second half was totally the opposite .Oakwood came out with nothing to lose ,they harried Town on the ball , and never let them have a moments peace on the ball .Their tatics seemed to be working , when on 52 mins , Oaks number 10 recieved the ball on the edge of the area , he then sent a thunderous shot past Mark Oldroyd to draw the Oaks level.
Town huffed and puffed their way through the remaining minutes of the half , Town did have a few half chances to seal the game , but it was not to be.
Oakwood however kept the Town back line on their guard , and almost sealed the game with a few minutes remaining , when the Oaks 10 again had a good shot at goal ,
this time however , the ball cannoned off the Town crossbar and away to safety.
Town will ahve to raise their game now for the derby game in the John OHARA league cup next week when they travel to Seaford Town.
15 October, 2006

Send To Friend